Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Domino Effect

       Do you ever notice when someone 'likes' your status on FB you end up 'liking' one of theirs not too long after? Or have you noticed when you hold the door for someone, they hold the next door for you? Kindness is like a chain reaction and it doesn't take much effort for it to spread. Kindness can be used to inspire the passing on of random acts and even push us to the next level.

       When we do something kind because we want to for someone else it is proven that we feel better about ourselves and it also improves the mood of someone else. Often times we can be kind to someone and help them in ways that we do not even realize are kind. There becomes a certain trust present as well when we know someone is kind and compassionate.

       A few weeks ago, during a particular workout, I noticed a couple of girls working out on the other side of the room. They were going about their daily business when I looked back over at them five minutes later, they were doing the same sumo squat with an upright row as I had been doing five minutes ago. Instead of guacking and staring I took it as a compliment.

       My husband Andrew told me while he had been doing Russian twists at the gym the other day with the medicine ball, a lady did the same move right after she saw him doing it.

       I was just asked the other day by a football athlete what he could do for hamstring exercises because he pulled his hamstring during a tackle. It sounded silly and a lot of people would have laughed because you don't work your hamstrings if you've injured them. Instead of chuckling in his face, I gave him a couple great rehab exercises for his hamstring and suggested he rest it. I explained to him why you don't want to keep working it in the weight room and then gave him a suggestion for an upper back exercise. He was appreciative and, in turn, he opened up to me to tell me he strives to be perfect on the playing field so he spends too much time in the gym trying to make himself faster.

       What have you done for someone else today?

No comments:

Post a Comment